At VisionPoint Eye Center serving Bloomington, Champaign and Pontiac, our entire team is dedicated to providing the best vision correction solution for you and your lifestyle. Get new prescription eyewear or consider having outpatient surgery to gain freedom from glasses and contacts for the rest of your life. The procedures we perform have proven safe and effective in correcting even some of the most severe vision problems. See how VisionPoint Eye Center can improve your quality of life through improved eyesight.
LASIK Eye Surgery in Bloomington and Champaign, IL
Imagine waking up and seeing the world around you without the need for contacts or glasses. If you want to see without depending on glasses or contacts, consider iLASIK vision correction. This simple outpatient procedure reshapes the cornea to correct most cases of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, in any combination. LASIK is extremely safe; all branches of the U.S. military and NASA have approved LASIK surgery for their service people. And it can change your life in a matter of minutes. No more squinting just to see the alarm clock in the morning. You’ll be able to drive, swim and participate in other activities without worrying about your eyewear. And just think of the cost savings over your lifetime.
The specialists at VisionPoint Eye Center in Bloomington and Champaign are experts in LASIK surgery. While other providers still use a blade to perform LASIK surgery, VisionPoint Eye Center only offers the safer, more accurate bladeless alternative. We have been blade free since 2004 and are the most experienced bladeless LASIK eye surgery provider in Central Illinois. Our doctors perform the procedure using the latest technology and equipment. With more than 50 years of combined surgical experience, we have performed more than 10,000 LASIK surgeries and continue to receive an extremely high number of client referrals because of proven success.
Top 9 Reasons To Get LASIK
“I wish I Would Have Had LASIK Sooner” as told by our patients:
9. The Alarm Clock Factor – Imagine waking up the next day and being able to see your alarm clock without fumbling for your glasses or contacts. “Thank you all for changing my life! I NEVER thought I would be able to wake up and SEE!” – C. Flessner
8. Cost – LASIK pays for itself within 5 years when you figure the cost for your yearly eye exam, glasses, and contacts throughout the years. Over time, you actually end up saving money by having the LASIK procedure! “the cost is not much when you consider the cost of glasses, contacts, and exams over the course of a lifetime. I easily would have spent more over the years with these expenses, but now, I get the benefit of perfect vision and no glasses.: – L. Osborne
7. Active Lifestyle – Enjoy activities glasses and contacts free…from playing with your kids and pets, camping, hiking, swimming, running, golfing, and going to the gym! “It has been 10 years now since my LASIK surgery. It was the best thing I have ever done. The freedom of no glasses or contacts is awesome.” – Anonymous
6. Less Complicated Life – Think about how much time you spend inserting and removing your contacts everyday and/or how often you are cleaning/adjusting your glasses. “It really brings tears to my eyes at times when I just think about the last year and how things have changed and how far my eyesight has come. I can finally see!! I see so much better now, more than I ever did with my contacts and glasses.” – E. Coughlin
5. Freedom While Traveling – You probably have a section in your suitcase dedicated to contacts, solution, cases, and glasses. Free up space in your suitcase and pack more of the items you want to bring while traveling. “I went to Hawaii following my surgery and it was amazing to not worry about glasses or contacts! I could go swimming and see the fish! I didn’t have to clean my lenses to look at the beautiful scenery! It was one of the best decisions of my life!” – T. Castelli
4. Instant Gratification – Almost immediately after your LASIK procedure you can see the clock on the wall. Most patients gain 80-90% of their visual results by the next day…you’re pretty much back to every day normal life in 24 hours after your procedure! “30+ years of terrible eyesight gone in 15 minutes! Starting with at least -9 prescription and a good amount of astigmatism in both eyes, and I’m happily seeing 20/15 now per my last follow up appointment! It is unbelievable be able to wake up and see! I cannot say enough good things about the incredible LASIK staff and doctors at VisionPoint!” – E. McDowell
3. Comfort – Complaining of red, irritated, uncomfortable eyes with contact lens wear? Annoyed with the nose piece marks or headaches from glasses wear? LASIK is your answer to these problems! “No more glasses (after 50 years)….I truly wish I had done this long ago.” – A. Just
2. Safety – Breaking/losing your glasses or contacts can be hazardous. Not to mention the risks associated with leaving your contacts in for extended periods of time. Why risk your health and safety? “I started seeing my doctor for a severe eye infection that would not quit. Given my history, he suggested LASIK. I’d always been too scared to have it done but decided it was the best choice. LASIK IS AMAZING! I’m so glad I finally had the procedure done an dcan see perfectly for the first time in my life!” – A. Harrington
1. Self-Esteem – It’s liberating not to have to worry about contacts or glasses. You will no longer have to hide behind glasses! “I am, for the first time EVER, seeing at 20/20 or better! I feel like a new person. I can read street signs, restaurant menus on the wall, the tv, I wake up and go to bed with perfect vision. I have been in glasses for 31 years and contacts for 23. Nobody has ever gotten me to the kind of vision I am now experiencing. My experience at VisionPoint was like no other. The staff & Drs made sure I was comfortable and let me know more about my eyes than I ever knew. 100% recommend the LASIK and the team!” – K. Ryan