Interested in Working for VisionPoint Eye Center?
At VisionPoint Eye Center, we’re always looking for talent. To be considered for a position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Careers in Eye Care
There are many careers in eye care. Here is a list of the eye care professionals represented at VisionPoint Eye Center. If you would like to know more about these careers visit Careers in Eye Care.
- Ophthalmologist, MD
- (Subspecialties: Pediatric, Neuro, Cornea, Glaucoma, Retina, Oculoplastic, Ocular Oncology)
- Optometrist, OD
- Patient Support/Front Desk/Call Center
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, COA
- Certified Ophthalmic Technician, COT
- Certified Paraoptometric Technician, CPO
- Optician, ABO
- Contact Lens Specialist, ABO/NCLE
- Cataract Technician
- Refractive Surgery Coordinator
- Coding/Billing/Business Office
Characteristics and Skills That are Important:
- Excellent Communication Skills, Personable
- Excellent Relationship Building Skills, Team Player
- Eager to learn, Interest in Science/Math/Biology, Analytical, Problem Solver
- Kind, Compassionate, Friendly, Flexible, Patience
Knowledge That is Useful:
- Anatomy of the Eye
- Basic Understanding of Eye Function, Problems and Diseases
- Medical Terminology
- Basic understanding of how healthcare is paid – ICD10 codes/insurance deductibles, copays, etc.
- Electronic Medical Record/Data Entry
If you enjoy a fast-paced workday with no travel helping people in a friendly medical setting, VisionPoint Eye Center has a job that you can build into a professional career. Our growing team of ophthalmologists, optometrists and team of associates will welcome you and help you develop the skills you need to excel in providing very personalized eye care to Central Illinois residents. Our new state-of the-art facility is all on one level and designed specifically for patient comfort, social distancing and convenience.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Support and implement VisionPoint’s vision, mission, and values.
- Provide thorough and excellent care for patients
- Documenting detailed information into the patient’s electronic medical record
- Communicating with the eye doctors about results of patient tests and exams
- Participating in eye care procedures
- Supporting team members in providing quality care
- Desire to serve others by listening and responding to needs and concerns
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous Ophthalmic Assistant experience with COA and COT certifications preferred, but we will provide specialized training and education
- Demonstrate strong computer skills and previous experience using electronic medical records a plus
- Ability to work independently with multiple tasks and shifting priorities
401k Retirement Plan
100% Paid Health Insurance with contributions to a health spending account
Minimum 2 weeks paid time off increasing with length of employment
100% Paid Short and Long Term disability
Paid Life Insurance
VisionPoint Eye Center offers 100% paid medical health insurance for employees, including paid short term and long term disability, and a paid life insurance policy.
Continuing education and paid training.
Job Type: Full-time
To be considered for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.